WHERE WE MEET:
1224 HWY 71 W., Bastrop, Tx. 78602
SUNDAYS AT 8:15AM, 9:45AM, & 11:11AM
WHAT TO EXPECT ON SUNDAY:
Checking out a church for the first time can make people a little anxious. What do we wear? Will I feel welcome? Where do we go? Will my children be safe? Will I be able to find an escape route if I don’t like it? Here is what you can expect:
- River Valley has a casual atmosphere. Feel free to wear t-shirt, jeans, shorts and even flip flops.
- When you pull into the parking lot you will see signs that say “First Time Guest” with our River Valley logo on them. These signs line the walk way so you know which direction to go.
- As you get closer to the building, a couple of nice people will greet you with a smile, a wave and a hand shake as you walk in.
- Once inside the building, there will be a table with a bulletin for you to use during the message to take notes and inform you of some upcoming important annoucements.
- If you have children, ages 6 weeks old - 6th grade, our serve team will be glad to escort you to our incredible children's ministry area. This person can also show you where the worship service takes place and point you toward the restrooms.
- We also have free coffee, donuts, water, and tea for you to enjoy as you meet some new people.
- On your way into the worship center you can sit wherever you like. Nobody has a saved seat. We want you to sit where you are most comfortable and make yourself at home. Don't worry about taking someone else's spot.
- After the service, as you exit the Worship Center, you can visit our Guest Services Table and Connections Corner if you have more questions. We'll have some of our serve team members there, ready to answer any questions that you may have and provide a gift, as a thank you for visiting.
Our hope is that if you feel right at home! From Groups to ministry opportunities, you will be able to connect with other people in the church and experience the joy of friendship, fellowship, and the love of Jesus
A QUICK HISTORY OF RIVER VALLEY:
River Valley Christian Fellowship started as a small group (4 families) meeting in a living room, about 15 years ago. These faithful families heard a calling from the Lord to be prepared for and respond to much of what we are seeing today. Bastrop County is one of the fastest growing counties in Texas and in the US.
As growth continued, these families were obedient to the Lord about taking the necessary steps to change from being a small group gathering to becoming an official church. Bluebonnet Baptist Association partnered with this group to help officially plant River Valley Christian Fellowship in Bastrop, Texas.
This partnership with Bluebonnet Baptist Association intiated a search for its first Lead Pastor, which brought us Cody Whitfill.
The church was portable (like many church plants) for the first several years of its life. Before buildling our current worship center (completed December 2019), River Valley met in 7 different locations around the city.
We graduated from a living room, to a 2-car garage, to the Aqua Water Building Board Room, to the Bastrop 9th Grade Building, to Emile Elementary, to the Bastrop Middle School, and then to our current facility, which was purchased in 2014.